If it’s our goal to see an increase in student levels of engagement; an increase in levels of high school retention; an improvement in student performance standards; and learners skilled and ready to contribute to their world, we need to re-think what we are doing, and how we are doing what we are doing, in schools…
We need to teach our kids how to think and how to learn through a comprehensive learning process that mirrors the way in which learning occurs in the outside world.
We need to recognise that thinking and learning are inextricably linked - the deeper and broader a learner’s thinking, the deeper and broader their learning.
We need to develop our understanding of depth and breadth so we can design tools for learners that guide their thinking and learning; tools that provide intellectual rigor, depth of knowledge and understanding and ensure authentic, relevant and purposeful learning are priorities and a reality in our schools.
Join Lane for this powerful two days of learning and explore a fresh and practical approach to re-thinking and re-engineering how teachers teach and how learners learn.
- Strictly limited tickets available - first-come first-served
VENUE: Bondi Beach Public School
GLOBAL REPUTATION: Lane has presented her approach to thinking and learning in 20 countries and her tools are used by teachers and learners across five continents.
LOCAL EXPERT: Lane has been working with schools and teachers across Australia since 1999 and has a broad and deep understanding of the Australian Curriculum AND NSW Syllabus.
- develop your ability to teach your learners HOW to learn through an explicit process that naturally embeds disciplined inquiry as it mirrors the way learning occurs in the ‘real world’
- develop your ability to teach your learners HOW to think skilfully through the use of a diversity of thinking tools, strategies and processes that deliberately and strategically promote the development of critical and creative thinking skills
- explore the relationship between thinking and learning and discover practical frameworks that will enable and empower learners to take control of both their thinking and their learning
- discover how the brain processes information and how deep learning can be deliberately and strategically facilitated when teachers teach and learners learn in a brain compatible way
- develop your knowledge and understanding of breadth versus depth of thinking; learn to frame organisers and sequence learning to:
- deliberately meet the individual cognitive capacity and develop-
mental level of your learners
- strategically guide learners to acquire and integrate new concep-
tual knowledge; and then extend and refine their learning so that depth of learning in achieved
- develop your ability to strategically frame and sequence thinking tools to promote the acquisition and integration of new knowledge and skills and then promote the extension and refinement of new conceptual knowledge so that deep understanding is achieved
- reflect upon, challenge and confirm your current practice based on new knowledge and understanding
Australian Standards Covered:
VENUE INFORMATION SUMMARY
- Venue: Bondi Beach Public School, Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach, NSW 2026
- Dates: Saturday 3rd of March & Monday 5th of March, 2018
- Times: 9am to 3.30pm both days.
- Cost: $300 per person (includes catering both days)
- P: +61-2-9130-2116
If you tick the “Apply for CPD/PD Points” box when you attend and sign our attendance register, we will post a “Certificate of Attendance” to use for accreditation with your representative body.